Thursday, December 17, 2009

Word Confusion

One afternoon, after a very tiring day from work, I arrived at daycare to pick up one said 3 year old blue eyed kid. Daycare was exactly 2 1/2 blocks from home. Seat belt laws were not in effect just yet so don't panic. He rode in the back seat of my luxury sedan, jumping up and down on the floor board and really chatty. Not something I was fond of. It was a Wednesday, 2 days before payday.

He declared, "mommy, lets go to McDonalds." I said "no". He cried. As a parent you know all that entails the simple word NO. Anyway, like any good parent would do, 1/2 block away from home, I pulled over into the first available parking spot, turned around and said, "what the heck are you crying for, we'll go to McDonalds on Friday." He looked up at me with those big crocodile tears rolling down his cheeks, his eyelashes were wet and looked so said and said "I don't want my mommy broke I want her fixed."

That's the end of the post.

Wishing each of you a very Merry Christmas. May the New Year unfold with only the best memories and life. May God richly bless you and your families - Numbers 6:24-26.

No comments:

Post a Comment